ANNOUNCING THE GLOBAL INNOVATION SUMMITPosted: April 17, 2012
WORLD GATHERING ON BUILDING INNOVATION ECOSYSTEMS,
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH MAJOR DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTIONS
April 16, 2012
We are extremely pleased and honored to announce the Global Innovation Summit!
This invitation-only event is a gathering of hundreds of “thoughtful, iconoclastic doers” from around the world who share a common interest in practical solutions for sustainable development through global innovation. We will focus exclusively on one of the biggest development challenges of our time: how do we create innovation ecosystems worldwide? Our vision is ambitious, which is nothing less than to reshape the entire way we think about economic development and growth. The event will take place in the heart of Silicon Valley on July 16-18. You can read more at www.innosummit.com.
The Global Innovation Summit will be the first major event in Silicon Valley produced in collaboration with the world’s leading development institutions. Our partners include the World Bank, the OECD, the African Development Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and many other organizations. We expect several hundred people from emerging markets to participate, including ministers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and other innovators. Additionally, the event will feature leading companies, venture capital firms, academic institutions, NGOs, and startups from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the OECD.
Participation is by invitation only, but prospective attendees may apply for an invitation. Here is what attendees should expect at the Summit:
- Active participation. Attendees will be actively engaged as full participants throughout the entire event. Unlike typical events where most attendees are passive listeners, each individual’s active participation at the GIS actually matters to the overall outcome.
- Join a family. All invitees to the GIS are like-minded individuals with similar goals, who believe that dynamic innovation ecosystems are the key to generating jobs, income, and economic development sustainably around the world. Each attendee will be assigned to a House of 12-15 people at the GIS. The House becomes a close working group throughout the course of the Summit. Each House will be assigned a student Guide, who will facilitate the event experience for attendees.
- Open new vistas. Expand networks, meet partners, open markets, and learn from people with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. Attendees will learn about more effective programs to cultivate dynamic innovation ecosystems, based on real-life examples of how others have succeeded and/or failed in other places.
- Solve real problems. Attendees will participate in hands-on, interactive case study sessions to design real-world solutions to real-world innovation and entrepreneurship challenges in sectors, such as food, health, water, energy, and information technologies. Attendees will gain insights into why traditional innovation programs usually fail to achieve their desired results and how to design more effective programs to foster systemic innovation.
- Have fun. Attendees will participate in the world’s first Ecosystem Pitch Contest, where selected Summit attendees will present their proposed ecosystem solutions to the entire audience, with a live feedback panel comprised of leading global development funders. Plus, there will be numerous surprises during the event.
Please visit our website as soon as possible at www.innosummit.com/register to apply for an invitation and/or register your attendance. Event capacity is limited, so sign up soon.
Please register early, as early bird pricing provides a 50% discount by May 15. This means that general registration is available for $995 instead of the normal registration rate of $1990. Students, small nonprofits, and small startups can register for $250 instead of the normal registration rate of $500.
We are delighted to welcome everyone to this community of doers. We look forward to seeing you in Silicon Valley in July!
Executive Chair, Global Innovation Summit
Victor W. Hwang
Executive Director, Global Innovation Summit
Managing Director, T2 Venture Capital